Thursday, January 20, 2005

To Wish and Have Not

I watched portions of the US Inauguration today when I could and heard the address and I was fired up. Here is a man who knows his destiny, here is a man who has read and learned from history, here is a man who understands the ways of the world. If, and isn't that a wonderful word, "If" or, "If only," George Bush had been President in 1935-38 the Second World War may never have taken place. There is no doubt in my mind that in a hundred years the history books will feature the greatest Presidents as Washington, Lincoln, Reagan and Bush. I won't be around but one of my descendants can stick up for me.
The sense of purpose, the vision, the perspective of the President is something that everyman can grasp, can get a grip on, can understand and feel that his President and his country stand for something and that something is above and beyond the mundane.
Thus it was with anguish that I read this. Paul Martin, is a disgrace, why do we elect such weasels? Perhaps it says a lot about Canadians! Are we such a bunch of idiotarians that we cannot confront reality? Are we such a bunch of twits that we believe the government will, without due diligence work in our best interests? I have noticed myself that the great unwashed continue to cry for more government money for everything from taxi fare to failed business bailouts. It's not the government's money you asshole! It's mine, and my friends, and my parents, and my neighbours and the guy down the street. Here's the big question! Ready...... Why should I give you money when you have failed to use what you had wisely?
Politicians give you our money because they want your vote! And you, stupid twit call in to radio shows and bellyache that the government is just not doing its job until you get womb to the tomb total care. Oh Canada, I am afraid for thee!
Sigh!

I nods to SDA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page